Everyone, who says they support the Health Care Bill President Obama is trying to get passed, thinks the argument is that people are fighting the cost of it and that they are afraid of change. That’s not the question, if any one cares to listen.
There are distinct reasons for people not wanting this bill to pass, and it doesn’t have anything to do with Americans not needing affordable health care. It’s not even about insuring more Americans and covering pre-existing conditions. What it is about and what has so many people in an uproar, is the government takeover in areas that they have no business doing.
Unfortunately, there are actually people who believe what I heard a guest on Fox News say the other day. She is typical of what we often hear coming from progressive liberals who support the cost of the Health Care bill. She said, “Look what happened with Haiti. We just pulled out the check book and wrote a check.” Those are not her exact words, but close to it. Can you believe how naive this comment is – thinking we can just write a check for whatever we think is important? It’s just absurd.
The problem is that Congress and this administration, seem to think this way. They think they can just write a check and voila, there is money to pay for whatever they deem important. It reminds me of children telling mom they have money because there are still checks in the checkbook.
It seems Congress and some people throughout this nation, don’t care or don’t understand or don’t believe that the country is BROKE! The states are broke, and they can’t just print money like the government can to pay for things they want or are forced to pay for by government mandates, when it is completely out of their control. The obvious is that we have a Congress and an administration that are on a reckless spending spree.
It’s About Government Takeover
What Americans object to the most is Government takeover of Health Care and Student Loans (and what does student loans have to do with health care?). Even if there is nothing else to worry about in this Health Care bill, it is certain that if passed, this bill will cause a huge medical crisis in America.
- First of all, 46% of doctors will pull out of the system if this bill passes. This means less doctors to care for patients. What happens when you try to make an appointment with a doctor that has too many patients?
- Second, it will mandate that ALL people and businesses accept the government plan or be fined a huge amount of money – perhaps put in jail because they have not participated in this insurance takeover.
- Third, it will put a panel in place that decides the level of coverage a person will have available to them, how much it will pay, and how much an individual will pay. Some have said that A.C.O.R.N. (or whatever name they go by now) will be the committee in charge of making these decisions. Since the Plan does not have provisions to identify who that committee is, we don’t know who will be making those decisions.
- Forth, it is the first step towards Social Government. The President admitted this in his interview with Brett Baer on Fox News this week. It’s not that we are afraid of social government when it comes to caring for it’s people, or to enforce health care. The problem is the fact that government is forcing states and businesses that cannot afford to take on this burden.
- This plan also forces people to replace their coverage that they are pleased with and accept the government plan. It’s said that 86% of Americans are already insured, so why force this new plan onto us, with the excuse that it will cover more people and that it is needed. There is still going to be people who cannot afford government care and will still not have coverage.
- The point that is most concerning to people is NOT the fact that we need a Health Care Plan, but it is the way they are doing it.
- It’s government overstepping its bounds in forcing this Health Care Plan upon states, NEGATING THEIR POWERS AS A REPUBLIC.
- Government mandates will break many states and force them into bankruptcy says Governor of Arizona.
- This bill is ignoring the “Will of The Majority”!
- It’s about the arrogance of government not being willing to accept another point of view.
- It’s about all the arm twisting and bullying to get this bill passed.
- It’s about the willingness of Congress to change the rules in order to pass this bill. It is their mindset to say to @!&* with people who are against this bill.
- It’s about the arrogance of government to think they know better than The People because they are smarter than we are and they know what’s best for America.
- It’s NOT about people and Republicans being against a Health Care Plan, it’s about the way this bad plan is being forced through Congress. The majority of Americans and the Republican Party want a Health Care bill but they feel that Congress should scrap the current plan and start over. Their are too many problems in this bill, and it is just plain unfair in many respects.
So What Is The Answer?
The right thing to do is STOP where we are and back up to where communications went wrong. This would be the obvious solution. People are ticked-off with this plan. They don’t like Congress and the President’s arrogance, and they don’t like that they have shut out those who object to their vision for America.
GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER OF HEALTH CARE AND STUDENT LOANS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER IN THE END. IT WILL SPLIT THE PEOPLE DOWN THE MIDDLE WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR RIGHTS USURPED BY GOVERNMENT THIS WAY.
People want to stop runaway government’s plan to take over the Republic and replace it with their vision for America. There is something very wrong with ANY plan that goes out of the way to negate states objections and is against the “Will Of The People. The objection is NOT the need for Health Care it is an objection to government takeover of Health Care and some of the provisions in the bill.
People are very concerned about the road we are traveling down with the passing of this current bill and the fact that Congress rams through a bill that MOST PEOPLE DON’T want.
People are also concerned that this bill is being passed without Republican support or vote, and that they do it without listening to the the majority of Americans. Even worse, they do it with deals being made, votes being bought, and the process changed or ignored that is clearly spelled put by our Constitution.
The Audacity of Congress Infuriates the American People
Please, if you understand the arguments coming from those who are against the current Health Care bill, join the rest of us and object to this attempt to usurp power over the states in this way. People should be very concerned that government is attempting to takeover every aspect of our lives.
Government already has control of our banking and lending institutions, mortgage institutions, and automobile industry through bail out money, now they are trying to control the growing and distribution of food, health care and insurance, and student loans. If this doesn’t bother you, then why not?
The other thing that bothers me is that the President of CBO met with President Obama before the CBO report came out. The report claims this bill will cut the deficit by a billions over the first and second decade. However, experts say they doubt that this bill will do as projected, since CBO has NEVER projected that far into the future.
The President has taken it upon himself to basically arm twist those who are against this bill. Of course, we don’t really know how he does it since nobody is saying, but we do know that a “NO” vote changes to a “YES “vote when they come out of his office. We also know that Pelosi has a lot of power to ruin someone’s future if she chooses.
Please, tell me how you see the situation we face today. Tell me what you think we need to do to protect the Constitution (American Law) as we know it, and what will we be able to do without rebelling against the government. Many of us see a really bad situation brewing right in front of our eyes. This scenario should concern all of us.
Please leave a comment and tell me how you see this situation. I look forward to hearing from you.